Sunday, March 22, 2009

Fall 2009 Ready-To-Wear


I felt like a like a lot of collections for fall looked alike.  There were the predominant trends that just got done over and over again, and maybe it was the abundance of black, but it struck me as too much of a couple of trendy items and silhouettes.

One stand-out for me was Haider Ackermann.  I thought that his interpretation of the key looks was really beautiful.  He made the black on black on black look that was on so many runways appear fresh and feminine.  His take on the strong shoulder was tasteful and something I can imagine wearing without feeling like I was wearing a costume.  I loved the draping, the intense reds, and the effortless, unaffected layering.  And he makes the high leather boots/leggings look cool and bohemian rather than trashy and vulgar. 

Now if only I could afford it.  Sigh.  Something tells me these would be hard looks to cobble together from thrift store finds! 




No comments:

Post a Comment