Thursday, April 16, 2009

About time...

Sweet fancy Jesus, did I ever need a new pair of runners.  I've been putting off buying them for months because I could really afford these New Balances that I've kind of been addicted to for probably five or six years.  I've had more than one pair in that time, of course, but the most recent pair was really getting tattered. 

So I bit the bullet this week and bought them.  Of course I tried on a bunch of less expensive pairs, but they really aren't as great.  It's not like I'm some big athlete, but I have orthodics for my ankles, so I do need good support.  This style lasts for years, is amazingly comfortable, and was even on sale for once.  And on a superficial note, I'm not a big fan of white runners with pink or blue trim.  They had a deal where if you spend over a hundred dollars you get a fancy running shirt, which I don't know if I can bring myself to wear.  I may re-gift it I guess.

I also bought a new sports bra, because the ones I like were on sale at the Bay.  I got a lecture once from the saleslady there about sports bras and how they need to "compress and contain".  Don't go for some cute little number that makes your boobs look good and lets you flail around on the treadmill.  Strap those girlies down like you're Hillary Swank in Boys Don't Cry.  She said she used to be in competitive fitness and bodybuilding, and then she tore all of her pectoral muscles because she was working out in a top with a shelf bra.  Owww-freaking-chhh!  Not unless you are an A cup, sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment