Saturday, April 25, 2009

Prized Possession

(I wrote this post last week and psychically saved it for today when I am sick and uninspired and unphotogenic.)
This necklace is really one of my most prized possessions.  My dad got it for my in New Mexico, and it's Navajo silver from the 1920's 0r 30's.  I love to wear it, but it doesn't go with everything, so I kind of have to base an outfit around it.

The sun even came out this afternoon, so I finally have decent light to photograph in.  The white lace blouse is a thrift-score.  Seems like there are always stretchy lace tops in Value Village these days.  I got one in black too.  This one is extra-special because it has kind of Victorian details: high collar, ruffles and buttons at the wrists, and even a ruffled yoke and pintucks down the front.  They are great for layering in this in-between weather.

These are one of my favorite pairs of flats.  I got them before our trip to Europe in the fall, and I walked miles in them.  They're comfy and classed me up a little when we were travelling, and I wear them all the time now at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment