Saturday, May 23, 2009

Women I Love - Part 6

I think I have my friend Ryan to thank for my appreciation of Tori Amos.  I don't know how I made it though my early teens not listening to her.  I just think she is so amazing.  Her songs can give me goosebumps or make me cry, even after hearing them a hundred times.  And seeing her live is just electrifying.

I know she has kind of a reputation for being flaky in interviews or whatever, but I think it's refreshing to hear someone who will really talk about her beliefs and her inspiration beyond like "it's a song about change, cuz I was going thru a change..."  Duh.  Watch how she has to dumb it down for these ladies on a talk show.

She's so beautiful and fearless and such a poet.  I'll never get bored of her style - her album covers and artwork are always really innovative.  You can tell she revels in being a chameleon, and I'll always buy her albums rather than just downloading them, because you can tell she puts so much thought into the look of them and the way she portrays herself.



No comments:

Post a Comment