Friday, August 14, 2009

Aging Badly

As I mentioned a couple of posts ago, there were many things in the April 1992 Vogue that stood the test of time well and looked surprisingly modern. Of course, the opposite is true as well. Lots of ads looked more like 1987 to me, with the terrible perms and offensive colours. Sad that some of this stuff made it into the nineties.

And remember when there were cigarette ads in magazines? There must be over a dozen in this issue. It seems pretty filthy in hindsight, but I guess you still see models smoking in editorials now, so some people still must see a link between fashion and gnarly, diseased lungs.

I thought this was kind of odd. Just a little ad near the back. Was that the first generation of implants gone bad? How sad. I hope those women got sacks of cash for their long lists of ailments.

No comments:

Post a Comment