Sunday, August 16, 2009

Doh!

I fell off my bike today and it sucked! I was just whizzing along, tried to change gears, the chain jammed and stopped, the bike stopped; I kept going. My knee took the brunt of the impact, but I got pretty banged up all over. Karl bandaged me up nicely, but I'm annoyed since the hot weather is supposed to be back for the week and now I've got a mangled knee.

Getting injured is really shitty. I guess when you are a kid you're kind of used to falling down and hurting yourself, but it's been a long time since I did something like this and I hate it. I don't want to be nervous to ride my bike, but I also don't want to do anything potentially painful.

In happier news, it's Karl's birthday tomorrow. His co-workers gave him balloons, and I loved how reflective this one was. You can see the whole backyard and house in it!

Oops, I forgot to rotate this picture, but anyway, I think the best thing to do with a jumbo zucchini is chocolate zucchini cake. So yummy!

Karl's pride and joy - his pepper plants. He's making BBQ sauce and salsa as I type this!

No comments:

Post a Comment