Thursday, December 3, 2009

Scents

Today is the first day of my perfume switch, from Rosamor by Oscar de la Renta to Hermes Kelly Caleche. The former is very light, floral, and pretty generic. My co-worker gave it to me; she was complaining that she and her sisters-in-law always exchange perfume as gifts, but who can really use that much perfume? It takes forever to use up a bottle, at least for me. And it's usually pretty expensive stuff, I wouldn't want to use it for a month then toss it.

So I like the Rosamor, but it's kind of summery and boring. A couple of years ago I bought myself Hermes Kelly Caleche, because I LOVE if, but I haven't worn it regularly for some reason. I find it a little challenging - it's strong and spicy and leathery, and it doesn't fade out over the course of the day. But I'm going to try to get into wearing it. I'm just don't want it to bother anyone; I try to be sensitive to people who don't like strong perfumes.



Speaking of scents, I heard a great description the other day. I was watching that semi-lame show on Food Network, Food Jammers, where they make ludicrous food using ridiculous contraptions. A guy described some herbal concoction as having a "saddle-blanket cat-lady" odor. Isn't that good? I wish I could find something to use that for. Nothing I had to smell for very long though!

No comments:

Post a Comment