Sunday, January 3, 2010

A Foul Weather Friend

As hard as it was to break from tradition and come home from the island a couple of days before the very last minute, we really needed to acclimatise back to real life. Clean up, undress the tree (we may trash it up and let it die on the porch for a month or so), get groceries. Watch MORE hockey. I even got to go for a pedicure with Mary, hence the seasonally inappropriate footwear. I usually hate going downtown on Sundays because it's the one day of the week I don't have to be there but it was fine today - haven't been there for AGES.

The foul weather friend is this sweater. I've barely taken it off since I got it last month. It's the thrift of the century. OK, I exaggerate, but it is great. It even gives me the perfect place to use my gold heart pin that I don't get to show off enough.


I was also pretty happy to find this little top... OK, slip... with animal print trim and a racer-back. The fabric is nice too: silky but matte, not that gross polyester satin that reigns supreme in thrift store lingerie sections.

No comments:

Post a Comment