Sunday, June 6, 2010

Drawing the line

Trends come at us pretty fast and furious these days, and I'm not afraid to admit that I pretty much swallow them all whole with little regard for what's flattering or functional. But a little browsing on Pixie Market this evening reminded me that I do have limits.


I know these open-toed ankle sandals are everywhere, but seriously, what the hell? Sweaty ankles on a hot day? Cold, wet toes on a dreary day? Too much bulk around the ankle with bare legs, an awkward style with pants... I just don't see a single thing about these to recommend them.

And why oh why are there so many crop tops available? Are kids these days too young to remember the lessons we learned in the late nineties? Muffin-tops ring a bell? I do not want to return to the days when you couldn't go out in public without seeing tummies everywhere, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment