Monday, December 20, 2010

Cabin Fever

Maybe it's spending more time inside this time of year, but I'm feeling so annoyed with our house. Annoyed might be too strong; I'm just not inspired. I look at design blogs and I'm so inspired by people who do all these DIY projects and decorate on a budget and having amazing looking homes as a result. I think that part of my problem is not really knowing what I want or what we can do with what we've got (um, not high ceilings for one thing...), and I'm drawn to cluttery-ish interiors, but it just looks messy when we amass too much stuff. I know that eclecticism needs to be done artfully and maybe I'm not that disciplined.





Then I watch an episode of Hoarders and start panicking and running around trying to find things to throw out and decide that all I want is a clean, stark, minimal Scandinavian home with no little collections of thrift store finds. Thankfully the internet allows me to spend an hour or so looking at other people's places. Escapism is good!






No comments:

Post a Comment