Saturday, February 26, 2011

lost art

I wrote a good old-fashioned letter this week, and it was so satisfying. Writing letters falls into the category of things that I know I should do, I enjoy doing, but I don't do. I used to write lots of letters, long ones, but it sort of tapered off with the rise of email, the lack of people to write to, and the lack of letters received in return. The letter I wrote this week was written on plain old notebook paper, but I was thinking about when I wrote letters when I was a kid (mostly thank-you's to my grandparents). I always had some cute writing paper with kittens or birdies in the corner. I perused Etsy for some slightly more mature options... In general, cuteness still rules.



I like the ones above - by a designer in Victoria.


No comments:

Post a Comment