Monday, February 28, 2011

Snow Day

We got some real snow on the weekend, though it was short lived. After shoveling duties on Sunday morning I went for a nice walk around my neighborhood on the way to get groceries. Somehow with the white snow as a background, the usual colours looked more interesting than usual. Does that apply to clothing? Hmm...


Back lanes are so much more interesting for walking. I love checking out people's back yards and gardens and the stuff they leave out for scroungers. I could have been the proud new owner of two doors, a fridge ("works"), multiple chairs, a kids picnic table, several mattresses and a hideous love-seat. I'm sure there's a reality show about back-lane pickers.


This little guy (or gal) braved the elements for a little affection. So sweet. I wonder if my cranky cat secretly gives love to strangers that walk by. You would never think it, but it would be just like her to give it up to strangers and deny us.


No comments:

Post a Comment