Sunday, June 19, 2011

Teatime

The lovely Mary is getting married next Saturday, and today we had a bridal shower tea for her at the Wedgewood Hotel. Tonight there will be more festivities, but it was such a perfect afternoon that I thought it deserved a post of it's own. I only took one picture: the guest of honor looking at her gifts with glee, but I hope I get copies of other people's pictures because everyone looked so cute. You know when you get a server to take pictures? I think three cameras is about the tolerable limit. You see the smile turn to a grimace when she gets seven of them...


I designed these pieces. The skirt is so pink it's funny. I figured that if there's ever an event to which it is appropriate to wear pink and ruffles and a big bow, it's a bridal shower. The shoes belonged to my grandmother. She gave them to me years ago, but I've only worn them a couple of times because they lack the modern comforts like cushioning and stability. Great for sit-down events though!




No comments:

Post a Comment