Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Making it Work?

I was at Superstore the other day, buying a new ten dollar cardigan to replace my old, holey ten dollar cardigan I bought there four years ago, and I kept being drawn to these pants. They were in the sleepwear section, so I fought the impulse several times, but I couldn't get out of my head how much they reminded me of some of my favorite Dries van Noten collections. But they're PJ's. But I eventually tried them on, attempting to talk myself out of them. I couldn't do it. For fifteen dollars, I figured I could find something to wear them with that would cancel out the lounge-y vibe. I puzzled it over for a while, because I knew I'd hate it if I wore them to work and was self-conscious all day that I looked like I had just rolled out of bed. The top can't be at all sloppy or too casual - no tee-shirt, tank-top - and has to be the opposite of sleepwear. So I went through my closet this evening trying on anything I thought might fit the bit. Some of the results were good, some not so much.
leather?
orange knit?
shearling?
cotton print?
big sequins?
drapey wrap?
cream button-down?
forest-green corduroy?
with massive sleeves?
Any opinions?

No comments:

Post a Comment