Thursday, December 8, 2011

Festive

Whew!  The Christmas season is all about planning, isn't it?  And I do the bare minimum, so I can't imagine how stressful it is for people with big families and big expectations!  I wrote all my Christmas cards tonight to send out on Monday, and I've done almost all of my (minimal) shopping and wrapping, so I'm in pretty good shape.  I need to buy ribbon, and on Sunday we'll buy a tree and I'll make a wreath.  That just leaves the cleaning and the planning of meals.  No sweat!  For me, the key to staying jolly is to avoid the malls, keep on a tight budget, and do the things I actually enjoy, like making a wreath and baking some cookies.

Next year, instead of rushing out to the drugstore for a box of cheapo cards, I'd love to plan (that word again) ahead, and get some unique and handmade cards.  Or, ideally make my own.  Of course, I'll have the leftovers from this years big box to use up...  The lovely cards below are all from Etsy.







No comments:

Post a Comment