Monday, December 19, 2011

The Sincerest Form of Flattery

Another perennial inspiration: Linda Evangelista.  It seems to me like more than any other model she is the go-to girl for models, stylists, and photographers to channel.  Linda was my first favorite model, back in the supermodel glory days, and I don't know if I've really had a favorite since then.  I remember hearing about the "I don't get out of bed for less than $10,000 a day" quote, or whatever it was, and everyone tried to spin it so that she was kind of a villain, but I didn't care.  Apparently it was taken out of context, but even if it wasn't, it kind of suited her image.  And what an image!  I think she invented the idea that being chameleon-like was something to aspire to in the modelling image, but even with all the changes to her look, there was no hiding that phenomenal bone structure.  When I look at the pictures below, I find that as pretty as the model is, she just doesn't have those aristocratic features and unforgettable face.




No comments:

Post a Comment