Monday, January 2, 2012

Back to blogging


Ahh, back to the real world of work and alarm clocks and grocery shopping.  We had a wonderful holiday - more than a week off of work, a lovely laid-back Christmas here in Vancouver and a blissfully lazy week at my parents house.  It's really the best part of the year for me.  It's so hard to take time off of work the rest of the year, and for the week between Christmas and New Years we really feel like there is no pressure to do anything we don't want to.  Hibernation mode includes baking and eating treats, napping, reading, walks in the woods, hockey on TV, Scrabble, tea, and lots of time with three of my favorite people in the world: my mom, dad, and husband.  Oh, and their pets.  We got home today to a more-cranky-than-usual cat.

I didn't think of any resolutions this year; sometimes it takes me a few weeks.  This month will certainly be a month of dietary austerity!  My parents are fantastic cooks and I can't turn down anything they make, including seconds, possibly thirds.  Hmm, other than that I'm pretty much perfect.  Just kidding.  I'll keep working on the positive-attitude thing, try to make only smart purchases; maybe I should try to have friends over for dinner more, that would be fun...

Fashion-wise, I'm looking for some sources of springy inspiration.  Part of my island week is the laziest wardrobe possible - sweats, jeans, tees, PJ's, repeat.  So sad the people I love most get the sloppiest me and clients at work get clean hair, make-up, and some attempt at looking cute.  It's just a matter of comfort!  I feel like it might take me a while to get excited about dressing up, but I'll go through the motions until something thrills me.

No comments:

Post a Comment