Thursday, March 1, 2012

Roaring Twenties

From The Artist to Boardwalk Empire to the next season of Downton Abbey and the new Baz Luhrmann version of The Great Gatsby later this year, it feels like this 1920's moment isn't going away for a while.  I've been seeing so many editorials with a twenties theme, I thought I'd go back to the source for some inspiration.  And while the sparkly beaded evening numbers steal the show, there's something about the graphic daywear like the example below right that I wish would show up in the H&M knockoffs - if not real vintage at the thrift store.  Wouldn't that be a dream come true?

Which reminds me, I think the Museum of Vancouver has an exhibit on Art Deco design opening this month.  I might even be able to get Karl to come with me to that.











No comments:

Post a Comment