Thursday, April 12, 2012

Farewell, FT!

After being on the air since 1985, Fashion Television has been cancelled.  I can't say that I'm surprised; in this instant Internet world, a television show about fashion seems so slow, and it seems like Jeanne Beker has plenty of other projects on the go that are more relevant.  But it's the end of an era and I'll miss seeing her elbow her way through the crowds backstage to get some face time with the worlds biggest designers.
I can't remember how old I was when I started watching FT, maybe around ten or eleven, but I was instantly a devotee, especially because since it's a Canadian show, it aired on one of the three channels we got on our tiny little TV!  That was the time of the Supermodels and with Jeanne's help I could name every one who sashayed down the catwalks, and I loved her little interviews with the designers and especially the critics, who weren't afraid to say so when a show bombed.

In the last few years I've probably only caught a handful of episodes, and while it might be last seasons shows that they are discussing, I never tire of Jeanne's energy and obvious love for the industry.  I can't wait to see what she'll do next.

No comments:

Post a Comment