Tuesday, May 15, 2012

More Smells of Spring

I know it doesn't look like much yet, but there are little green buds starting in my garden!  Some of my neighbours already have great displays of growth, but I'm always a little bit nervous to put seeds in before I know spring is really here.



Oh, and one way that I know that the warmer weather has arrived: smells.  Specifically, the smells we travel though on the bus ride home.  First, as we pass within a few blocks of the sugar refinery, we get a sweet whiff of burnt, caramel-y sugar.  Then a few minutes later we are downwind of Westcoast Reduction.  It's gross.  I won't get into the details, but it's a few hold-your-breath moments.  And today was the first smelly ride home of the year, so the warm weather has arrived!

No comments:

Post a Comment