Tuesday, June 26, 2012

New Neutrals


On top of all the raw bowtie ingredients I scored at 50% off day at Value Village, I had two specific requests of the thrifting universe: a light-wieght sweater in neutral colours, but not too boring, to wear instead of my old hoodie on morning walks to the bus, and a good quality tank top that is work appropriate and mildly cute but simple.  The universe delivered with almost spooky accuracy.  I could not have imagined a more perfect sweater if I had designed it myself.  This is exactly what I had in mind.  It's by Dana Buchman, whose ads I remember vividly from the early nineties and was surprized to read on Wikipedia is still designing.  I always thought of her as the American Adrienne Vittadini, who I was surprised to read on Wikipedia, is actaully American too, though born in Budapest.  Annnnnnywaaay.  The tank top is less thrilling, but exactly the right silvery-beige to work perfectly under the sweater as well as with just about everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment