Saturday, September 8, 2012

Great Escapes

It takes a pretty important website to get added to my bookmark bar.  There are only a very few things on there, and two of them are cake recipes.  That said, I added a new one tonight: Weekend Cabin.  It features an amazing collection of getaways, and I must be in need of a vacation because I ran out my computer battery fantasizing about running away with my husband for a weekend (or three) at almost all of these lovelies.  From stone cottages in France, to sand floors in Portugal, to a tree-house in Whistler, to sleek Scandinavian models, to Airstreams in Big Sur, from ultra-cool to totally rustic, I'm going to dream about hide-away holiday tonight.

Actually, although I'm cherishing these last sunny days of summer, I'm also secretly counting down to Thanksgiving, and our own little weekend cabin holiday at my parents house.  Every time we visit, I'm convinced that it's my favourite time of year, but there's something pretty great about October.  Picking mushrooms, pressing apple juice, going on spawning-salmon-spying walks - my co-worker teases me that it sounds like Little House on the Prairie to her!

No comments:

Post a Comment